Secure Office 365 MDM with MobileIron
Office 365 apps are a powerful business productivity solution. Employees are increasingly using Office 365 on mobile devices instead of traditional PCs. As a result, Office 365 has become a core part of mobile app strategies and organizations are actively looking for Office 365 mobile device management (MDM) solutions.
What IT teams need is a central platform that provides a consistent security and policy framework across all mobile apps, including Microsoft Office 365. The MobileIron app security model designed to secure app distribution, protect data-at-rest and protect data-in-motion, can be applied to Office 365 mobile apps providing IT with a consistent and scalable approach to mobile app security. This is beyond the Office 365 MDM capabilities available with Office 365 subscriptions.
Distribute Office 365 apps securely
- Distribute native email and PIM apps configuration
- Distribute Office 365 apps via Apps@Work based on user identity and device posture
Securing Office 365 with MobileIron
Protect Office 365 apps data-at-rest
- Configure native email and PIM in the Android for Work container
- Configure the Android for Work container, which also holds the Office 365 apps, with DLP controls, such as screen capture and copy/paste restrictions
- Quarantine or selectively wipe the Android for Work container, removing email, PIM, and business apps including Office 365 apps
Protect Office 365 data-in-motion
- MobileIron Sentry provides IT with full visibility into which devices are connecting to ActiveSync
- Sentry provides posture and identity based access control preventing ActiveSync access on unregistered devices
- Sentry secures the email connection through two-phased authentication to safeguard against devices connecting to email on untrusted networks
- MobileIron Tunnel is the iOS per app VPN solution that provides secure tunneling and access control for all managed iOS apps, including Office 365
- Android for Work will provide similar support, using a per container VPN
Office 365 is central to the productivity strategy of many MobileIron customers. The ability to secure and deploy Office 365 apps on mobile devices using MobileIron is a common requirement. Watch our webinar that outlines the MobileIron security framework for mobile apps and how it can be used to secure and deploy Office 365 on mobile devices.
Secure and Deploy Office 365 with MobileIron
Some features may vary by operating system or deployment option